Stairmaster

Merry Christmas! Weirdness abounds. Last night, after working a very stressful 9 hour, 15 minute shift that was supposed to just be an 8 hour shift, I came home both exhausted and wired. I couldn't go to sleep when my husband was ready for bed. I was up until after 2 A.M., so I slept downstairs on the couch. 

All night, I kept dreaming that I wanted to be upstairs with him, so I'd get up off of the couch, go up the stairs, and stand outside the open bedroom door. He was quiet until I'd step through the threshold. When I would step inside, he'd start making noises like I was disturbing his sleep. I'd decide not to bug him, and go back down the stairs. After a few moments on the couch, I'd feel the pull again, and really want to be up there. I did this at least 4 times. It was really vivid and real to me, and the only reason I know it was a dream is that my husband told me today that the bedroom door had been shut all night.


I guess this falls into the category of stress nightmare - doing the same damned futile thing over and over again. I'll be sleeping upstairs tonight. Hopefully I won't have the same stupid dream again!

On a side note, I must have moved somewhat in response to the dream. My legs are really sore today, and I'm almost as tired as if I hadn't slept at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment