Medivel evil

I don't remember as much about this one as I usually do about my dreams. I've had it before, and I was just as foggy about it after that time, too. Unlike most people, that's a rare thing for me.
Here is what I do remember.


My mother has some kind of a special power. She has sisters who want to take it from her.
We are in a huge stone castle. There aren't any glass windows in it. It's all basically open except where there are doors. We're dressed in really old style clothing. It's really kind of uncomfortable trying to do the things I'm doing while wearing a corset and a skirt with a bustle in it. Mom's is this really pretty, regal looking baby blue with trim and embroidery in some kind of iridescent fabric and thread. She almost looks kind of Disneyfied. Mine is black, with trim and embroidery in shiny silver. I look more like I came out of a fashion show for Goths.

I have powers, but nothing like what Mom's power is. I'm there to protect her because my powers are for fighting and hers is not. She is in a room with no windows, just one door, and it's my job to protect that door.

The sisters send an army of trolls and ogres. They are basically just big men with a warped shape to them. The trolls are extra tall and lean, with angular faces and long fingers. They are strong. They're not as strong as the ogres, but they're smarter. Ogres are taller than regular men, but not as tall as trolls. They're much heavier set and much uglier, with odd lumps and warts, short arms and legs, and thick, heavy foreheads. Both of these monsters can fly, and are attacking us on an upper story of the castle.

I am also able to fly. This makes the battle a little more even. I'm able to block a lot of them from coming in the windows. Those that get close, I'm hitting with bursts of explosive, flaming energy that I can shoot out of the palms of my hands. When that isn't working, I'm ramming them with my feet. I am making lightning strike the ones who are outside.

This battle seems to be the main activity in the dream. I fight a lot of ogres and trolls, but for a long time I don't encounter the sisters. Finally, whether they run out of minions or they just get tired of sending them, they show up to attack. There are three of them. Each is in a different bright color, and they all clash badly with each other, but otherwise, they're all dressed like us.

There is a battle with me in front of the door, and the sisters throwing power effects at me. There is fire, and there is something that makes my body hurt, but I have something that makes the air between me and them into a shield. I block off the whole hallway with that, and then I do something else. After that, the minions who I'd gotten to retreat, and had therefore not needed to kill, come up behind the sisters and attack.

The sisters turn on them and fight, but now they have their backs to me. I am able to throw some kind of a spell at them involving something that I shout, and something that I throw. It hits them from behind, and there is a big dust cloud. When the dust clears, the sisters and their minions are gone.

There are a lot of details I don't remember. For one, the battle with the ogres and the trolls was long, but most of it is kind of a blur. I can remember at one moment kicking one out the window, and at another moment holding my hands out and yelling "fireball," and the exploding force flew out and hit some of them. I also remember flinging my hand sideways and making lightning flash outside, hitting the flying minions, but I know that there were a lot more things that happened between those and fighting the sisters. 

I remember thinking that the sisters clashed and looked tacky, but I can't remember what colors they were wearing. I did get the feeling that if they got Mom's power, they were going to fight each other over it next. I can't remember most of the specific things I and they did to one another, either... just that our attacks were magical and some of my actions. I used the air as a shield. I know I charmed the minions but I don't remember how, just that I was using them to distract the sisters and so I could attack them from behind. 

I woke before going in to make sure my Mom was ok. I felt like she was in the room worrying about what was happening outside her door, and I needed to make sure she knew the battle was over. I can't remember what her power was at all, just that it was really important, and that her sisters wanted to take it.

Last time I had the dream, I made a point to call Mom and make sure she was ok. She was fine, but had a concern that meant a lot to her, so the phone call was actually really convenient for her, as she had been planning to call me. I was able to give her information which helped with this concern, which I had known was probably going to come up, but my act of doing that wasn't really a means of protecting her from any "attacker." It was more that I helped her figure out how she was going to handle it. I was exercising a "power" I have that she doesn't have - the ability to research the problem online, find which organization she needed to contact, and learn from the experiences others had recounted after dealing with the same concern. After that, she was able to address and handle the concern herself.


Also, in real life, she doesn't have any biological sisters, only brothers, and neither of them wants to usurp any kind of "power" she might have. The sisters in the dream were entirely fictional, and I'm not sure what worry of mine they or the monsters represented, given that at that time, I really didn't feel like Mom was "under attack" in any way in real life.

I'm actually going to be visiting my parents' house today, but I'll probably still call shortly after Mom usually gets up, so I can check on her.  This time around, I know she's going to campaign for City Council again after years out of office because politics in the small town where she lives are becoming really stupid (again.) I'm a little worried about political attack, but not much because so far she's running unopposed, and most of her old political rivals are no longer involved with politics at all.

1 comment:

  1. Friday, after arriving at my parents' house, I ended up helping Mom deal with a major snafu with her medical insurance. The insurance company was not honoring a binding agreement that they'd made with her. She is pretty good with things like that, but there were some things that she hadn't thought to mention during the phone calls (and it took several because the company has had some internal changes about which they did not bother to notify the consumers) and I was able to remind her, so like before, I did help her deal with something, but wasn't protecting her from anything scary.
    This does make twice in the last few months, though, that I've dreamed about protecting my Mom and then she's needed my help with something important.

    ReplyDelete