Through the Wall

I'm not at home. I'm in a room with wood paneling on the walls. I'm supposed to be sleeping there, but I'm nervous. There are rumors about this place.

I didn't want to be here, and I'm doing this under protest. I've been pushed into it because things come after me, and "they" want to find the thing that is here.

I can't even bring myself to close my eyes. I know it's coming. I might as well just be ready.

I'm terrified of what is going to happen, but I'm also angry. I shouldn't have to do this.

My thoughts are interrupted with a line of deeper darkness opens up in the wall, and a set of claws pokes through it. I watch and listen in horror as the thing that is here pulls reality in that space open like a curtain, creating a dark hole. There is a ticking sound as it approaches. It lets out a loud, angry moan as it comes through toward me.

This one was a challenge. I couldn't just get the experience across with a gif because there was more to the fear than just the appearance of the thing in the wall (and also my drawing is nowhere near as creepy as the thing was!) I don't have much in the way of editing software, though. This was made in G.I.M.P. and windows media, with freeware sounds added from Soundbible's Royalty Free Sounds pages

I actually had the dream last week. It's taken me this long to get from an original sketch (really crappy) and jotted notes to this blog post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment