Chased! (with GIF)

She has me trapped in the basement of an apartment building. She's been making me do all of the cooking and cleaning, and especially lots of heavy lifting, but she's been feeding me really well, too. I've become fairly strong, and kind of buff. Oddly, I rarely see her eat what I've been cooking, though she isn't losing any weight.

I don't remember how I got here, but I remember her acting really weird. She hugs me from behind a lot, and sometimes just feels my arms or pinches my butt. She also spends a lot of time just standing around and staring at nothing. She gets annoyed if she thinks I am not eating enough.

Her voice is raspy, and she speaks carefully but with a bit of a lisp and a slur, like a stroke survivor with speech difficulty. Her movements are kind of drunken-clumsy, too.

I don't know what exactly is on her mind, but I've got to get out of here. I have such a bad feeling. Aside from the obvious - I've been kidnapped and am being held against my will - there is something more about her that really, REALLY creeps me out.

I realize what it is when she decides I've reached peak muscle mass.

I'm in the middle of preparing a stew when she comes lurching into the room looking agitated. I know I haven't done anything to make her angry, but I instinctively back away from her anyway. She comes after me, arms outstretched, and grabs at me. She is drooling. Her eyes are red, like she hasn't slept for a week, and as her grasping hands latch onto my arms, she tries to bite me.

I pull away from her and run for the door. She has forgotten to close it. A half growl, half moan of anger comes from her as she shuffles after me. I slam the door in her face and lock it just as she used to lock me in. I hear her pounding on the other side of it, then she stops and I hear a key rattling in the lock . She can escape. I have to get out of here!

I am in a hallway. I run to the other end, where there is a door. Opening it, I find stairs. I run up those, and find myself in a dimly lit room. There are huge picture windows there. I can hear her shuffling down the hallway. I slam the stairway door, and try the windows, and they are locked. I grab a small wooden table, and smash it into the window. The table breaks, but the window remains in one piece.

She is on the stairs. I run from this room into another room, where there is another stairway. I run up those stairs. They go up much further than the ones from the basement. I go up several floors, turning between each flight of stairs and running up the next without thinking, until I come to another door. I can hear her on the stairs far below me.

I go out this latest door and find myself on the roof of a tall building. If she comes out that door, and I don't get off of this roof, I'm going to be trapped. I run to the edge. It's really high off of the ground.

I jump into the air. I think about moving up and forward. I have to move my arms and legs like I'm swimming to get it started, but it happens. I'm flying away from the building. I look back, and she is coming out the door. I hear a scream of rage and frustration coming from her as she runs to the edge of the roof. She jumps and falls to the sidewalk below with a loud splat. At first, I think I've escaped, but then I see her running along the ground beneath me, looking up.

I'm going to have to find something to fly over that she can't cross. I get an idea of where I am. I can see familiar landmarks. I turn and head east. Maybe I can lose her in the mountains.

My zombie nightmares aren't usually quite this one-on-one, but then again, the zombies in them aren't normally this tenacious, either. I can usually get away by getting on the other side of a closed door, or into a different location than the beginning of the dream. I'm usually not alone, and when I am, I'm usually coming from or heading back to a group. This dream really creeped me out, because I didn't have any kind of feeling related to who might still be left unscathed and ok. What if we were the only two people left in the world? What if I could never get away from her?

No comments:

Post a Comment